NASP President, Dr. John Kelly, will present on two powerful topics in the field of school psychology. This will be immediately followed by our annual School Psychology Spring Celebration. Read more below.
Keynote Presentation:"Power of One: Creating Connections"
‣ Participants will reflect upon their relationships with students and the meaningful and
powerful nature of their work.
‣ Participants will develop methods to connect with students through interpersonal
relationships to effect change.
‣ Participants will identify NASP resources which support their professional practice.
The Provision of School-based Mental Health Services within a Multi-Tiered Systems
of Support Framework
‣ Participants will understand the Multi-tiered System of Support (MTSS) Framework
and how this applies to the provision of mental health services in school.
‣ Participants will be able to identify their role at different "tiers" or levels within this
‣ Participants will identify specific interventions at the different "tiers" which can be
applied within their school setting.
Annual Spring Celebration
During our Spring Celebration, the School Psychologist of the Year, Minority Scholarship Awardee, Exemplary Trainer and Exemplary Student awards will be presented. This is a fun event to mingle with our fellow school psychologists and celebrate our profession. Additionally, there will be student poster presentations. Appetizers will be offered.